Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Asia Dragon and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Asia Dragon is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy, which applies whether you visit our stores, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- How we use your data
- What personal data we collect
- How we ensure your privacy is maintained
- Your legal rights relating to your personal data
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Asia Dragon uses your personal data to:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To manage registered accounts that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- To enable Asia Dragon to manage customer service interactions with you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
Asia Dragon uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your explicit consent only) to update you on the latest offers. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails
- Contacting us via the contact channels set out in this policy
Sharing data with third parties
In order to make a delivery service available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our delivery partners. We only allow service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Aside from our service providers, Asia Dragon will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisation for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
- For the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
- For the protection of our employees and customers
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice is to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the European Commission for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 6 years.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Asia Dragon may collect the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your address including billing and delivery addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Purchases and orders made by you;
- Your on-line browsing activities on Asia Dragon website
- Your password (Used for you account creation with Asia Dragon)
- Your communication and marketing preferences
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with Asia Dragon
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page)
We do not collect your card payment details when you make a purchase or place an order with us - These are only collected by SagePay and Paypal.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Asia Dragon is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data
- Regular scenario planning and crisis management exercises to ensure we are ready to respond to cyber security attacks and data security incidents
- Daily penetration testing of systems
- Security controls which protect the Asia Dragon IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
Asia Dragon will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Asia Dragon and more generally:
- Keep your account passwords private
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address or other personal data that can be easily obtained.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time - We do not charge a fee for this
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING DATA
We are required to set out the legal basis for our ‘processing’ of personal data.
Asia Dragon collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
- Complying with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Asia Dragon, including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customer
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Managing insurance claims by customers
- Protecting Asia Dragon, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Asia Dragon
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
If you have any questions about how Asia Dragon uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on 01273 741458
- Write to us at Asia Dragon, 2 Grange Road, Leeds LS10 1SX
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk